Milk hygiene course covers 1 semester and 45 didactic hours (including 15 hours of lectures and 30 h of lab classes). Lectures take place every second Wednesday (10:40 am – 12:30 pm, room No 233; we start on October 13, 2021), and lab classes every Thursday (12:30 pm – 14.00 pm, room No 233; we start on October 7, 2021). Lab classes are obligatory.
All lectures and classes are in Collegium Veterinarium building (WET), Akademicka 12 St.
Before the start of the each lab class please prepare: white lab coat, protective mask to cover mouth and nose, and traditional notebook.
Persons responsible for Milk hygiene:
Waldemar Paszkiewicz DVM, PhD, Assoc. Prof.
email@example.com; room No 335 at Collegium Veterinarium building
Monika Ziomek DVM, PhD
firstname.lastname@example.org; room No 332 at Collegium Veterinarium building
Department of Food Hygiene of Animal Origin
Lectures (15 hours)
- Veterinary requirements in the production of raw milk
- Factors influencing production and hygienic quality of raw milk
- Composition, properties and nutritive value of raw milk
- Fermentation of milk
- Microflora of raw milk
- Influence of head treatment on the composition and microflora of milk
- Starter cultures
Classes (30 hours)
- October 7, 2021 Organoleptic and chemical examination of milk.
- October 14, 2021 Physical examination of milk.
- October 21, 2021 Microbiological examination of milk – part 1.
- October 28, 2021 Microbiological examination of milk – part 2.
- November 4, 2021 Detection of the inhibitory substances in the milk.
- November 18, 2021 Written test. Examination of cream and sour cream.
- November 25, 2021 Examination of butter.
- December 2, 2021 Examination of cottage cheese.
- December 9, 2021 HACCP system in the dairy industry.
- December 16, 2021 Examination of ripened and processed cheeses.
- January 13, 2022 Examination of fermented milk drinks
- January 20, 2022 Written test. Examination of milk concentrates
- January 27, 2022 Selected problems of dairy technology
- Griffiths M.W.: Improving the safety and quality of milk. Volume 1 and 2; CRC Press Inc., 2010.
- Nollet L. M. L., Toldrá F. (ed.): Handbook of dairy foods analysis. CRC Press : Taylor & Francis Group, 2010
- Tamime A. (ed.): Structure of dairy products. Blackwell Publishing, 2007
- Selected legislation available on websites: wetgiw.gov.pl, isap.sejm.gov.pl , www.eur-lex.europa.eu
- Selected ISO standards